Wednesday 9 November 2011

Thriller openings




This could be set up for a flash back through out the film, a non linear thriller. The locations for shooting would have to change - maybe a picture of Dartford town centre on the green screen and edit in the rubble? Or use fake rubble? I used Dartford town centre as it is relatively close and busy, the perfect location for the scene I had in mind. The character I imagined would be in his mid thirties, in a suit, getting up from the rubble. There would be slow music with possible screams or cries in the background, throughout, there would be flashbacks to earlier as the man tries to piece together events from the past which led to this moment. It is not a horror as it does not have an evil mad guy going round killing people, it will be a terrorist attack, as things like this happen in real life. It will have elements of both a psychological and an action thriller. I was inspired by Snakes on a Plane (an unconvential thriller) because I liked the idea of people worrying for their lives yet having viewers have to scratch their heads to try and figure out what will happen next. The Dark Knight inspired me because I wanted to have a hero that not everybody appericated or liked. He could be the hero that people love to hate. Finally Inception inspired me because I wanted to have the feeling of confusing the audience and have them constantly on their toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment